Pamper yourself in our Spa by enjoying a diverse selection of massage therapy. Harbour Club Day Spa provides three choices of body massages for men, women, and children. These include a half hour massage, one hour massage, and a 90-minute massage. A full body massage offers multiple benefits, both physically and psychologically. Choose us to help you find your serine and the comfort you want and deserve.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
A massage involves the rubbing and manipulation of muscles, tendons, skin, and ligaments and helps individuals in many ways:
- Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: A massage can reduce stress levels in most people. They also help manage or reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression. While no studies prove this, many people with depression symptoms attest to the decrease in their symptoms after a full body massage.
- Pain and Stiffness Relief: A full body massage can relieve pain and stiffness. A massage may release endorphins, which act as a pain reliever. Muscles that are tired, overused, or sore are able to relax and soften through a massage. It may also help an athlete’s sore muscles after a hard workout or sports injury.
- Increase Circulation: There are several studies that prove massage therapy can increase circulation by assisting oxygen and nutrients to reach tissues and organs. A massage may help control blood pressure.
- Immune System Function: A full body massage may increase an immune system’s functionality according to many health professionals. A massage can stimulate the lymphatic system, which assists the immune system to protect the body.
- Skin Benefits: A full body massage can help to remove dead skin cells over the entire body for improved skin tone. The simulated blood flow benefits the appearance and health of the skin. A massage can also encourage tissue regeneration, which may help reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Depending on the kind of oil used, it may provide moisturizing and other benefits to the skin.
- Fighting Fibromyalgia Symptoms: Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by muscle pain, fatigue, and tenderness. Symptoms can be brought on by stress or lack of sleep. Frequent massages have been found to help relieve stress as well as alleviate muscle pain, discomfort, and spasms in patients suffering from fibromyalgia.
- Easing Post-Surgical Effects: A massage can help get you back on your feet by increasing circulation, relaxing muscles, and improving joint movement and flexibility. It has even been found to promote tissue regeneration and reduce post-surgical inflammation, swelling, and pain.
Harbour Club Day Spa has been providing our clients with the best since the opening of our doors since 2001. Our spa provides a warmth and familiarity that makes our clients feel at home. If you are looking for a place to get a top-notch massage or are interested in our other services, feel free to contact us or visit our website.